It’s a common question that many property owners have: “Can a diseased tree be saved?” The answer, unfortunately, is not always black and white. Many factors go into whether or not we can save a dying tree, and it simply comes down to the tree’s age, health, and location.
This blog post will explore when it is too late to save a diseased tree and when you should call a trusted tree service company in Spartanburg, SC.
Watch Out for These Warning Signs
If you notice any of these red flags, it’s essential to call in a professional tree service company as soon as possible:
- Discolored leaves
- Sparse foliage
- Dead branches
- Bark that is falling off or peeling
- Mushrooms or other fungi growing on the trunk or roots
- Bending or leaning trunk
These are just a few common signs that indicate your tree is in poor health. The sooner you catch the problem, the better your chance of saving your tree.
Why It’s Always Worth a Try
Can a diseased tree be saved even if it displays all of the mentioned symptoms? Trees are resilient organisms, and they have an amazing ability to bounce back from tough situations.
It’s always worth the effort to save a tree in your yard because they provide beauty and shade. They also increase your property value, help to purify the air, and provide homes for wildlife.
Consult with a Professional
Just as you would go to a doctor about a health issue, it’s essential to consult with an experienced arborist when you think you have a sick tree. They can properly diagnose the problem and recommend the best course of action.
Shrub and Tree Care has restored countless trees’ health, and we are always here to help. We follow a comprehensive process that includes:
- Diagnosis. We will come to your property and inspect the tree in question. Our experts can identify the problem and recommend a solution.
- Treatment. Depending on the severity of the issue, we will recommend a course of treatment. This could include anything from pest control to deep root fertilization.
- Monitoring. After treating your tree, we will continue to observe it for any signs of further distress. We’ll also check for other infected trees and treat them.
- Prevention. The best way to maintain a healthy tree is regular upkeep. From proper pruning to soil conditioning, we will help keep your trees in top condition.
Are You Dealing with Root Rot?
Can a diseased tree be saved if it has root rot? More often than not, unhealthy tree roots are the culprit behind a sick tree.
Different fungal diseases can cause this issue, so it’s crucial to consult with a professional who can narrow down the problem. From installing extra drainage to applying the proper fungicide, Shrub and Tree Care has the experience and knowledge to get your tree back on track.
Read our blog and find out more about what happens in tree root treatment, then call 844-260-0303 to schedule a consultation.